StopIE - Rid the web of Internet Explorer
Welcome to StopIE.com. We are dedicated to the removal of Internet Explorer as the most common browser on the web. There are many reasons for this.
Internet Explorer's Main Problems
- Prone to viruses and worms
- Renders pages incorrectly. Web designers then need to spend extra time working so that pages work in Internet Explorer. This puts costs up, and slows the web down.
- Doesn't let people resize certain text sizes. This means those with poor sight cannot read small text on many sites.
- Far slower program than other web browsers
- Far larger program than other web browsers
- Isn't as user-centric as other web browsers. It lacks many handy features such as tabbed browsing and integrated search
- Doesn't support PNG images properly
Alternatives to Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is the worst major browser. There are a number of free alternatives available. These alternatives are standards compliant, i.e. they conform to international standards. Internet Explorer is not standards compliant, and thus renders pages wrongly.
On the alternatives to Internet Explorer page, we outline three superior competitors, all of which are free. These are Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Safari.
Play your part - StopIE
Change browser, encourage your friends and family to do the same. Tell people about this site with the StopIE 'Tell a Friend' Form.
This site is free, but running it is not. Please click on a relevant Google ad above to support us.