There is no point in buying a high-performance PC without having a good monitor to showcase your PC’s power. Your monitor plays a vital role, whether you’re gaming, starting your home business, or just browsing websites. However, size is not the only thing you need to consider before buying a new monitor. In today’s article, we will go through some of the most important specs that you need to prioritize in order to find the best monitor suited for your preferences.
- Determine the purpose of your monitor
There are different specs that need to be prioritized behind the purpose of your monitor. Most monitors are now HD with high resolution, but that is not the only thing you should concern about when buying one.
For instance, gamers prioritize fast refresh rates and low response times, and photo or video editors would want a better color accuracy and high-contrast VA panel.
If you want your monitor only to browse online for NBA betting picks of the day or to watch Netflix, you won’t need such a high resolution option.
So, before you are buying a new monitor, ask yourself what its purpose will be.
- Higher Resolution Equals Better Picture
When you are buying a new monitor, make sure you get one that has a higher resolution in order to have a better picture quality. The minimum resolution for a good picture should be 1920 x 1080, known as 1080p (Full HD), but if you want sharper images, you should go with a higher resolution, 4K or 8K.
- Panel Tech
Most people don’t know the difference between the panel technology used in the monitor. There are a few options you can choose from, such as TN, IPS, and VA.
TN Monitors are the cheapest of the bunch just because they have poorer image quality and lower viewing angle, even though their response time is fast.
IPS monitors have slightly better response time and have better color accuracy.
VA panels have the best contrast out of the bunch, and they can produce more realistic image quality.
- Refresh Rate
If you are a gamer, you should pay close attention to your refresh rate. The refresh rate is the times your monitor updates with new information every second, and it is measured in hertz (Hz). So, the bigger number you get, the smoother gaming experience you will have.
If you are a gamer, you should start with a minimum 75Hz. Even though to get the best gaming experience, you should go for 144Hz.
- Response Time
Response time is also important if you are gaming. This is the time that your monitor takes to change each individual pixel from black to white or any other shade. The longer the response time, then you’re more likely to experience motion blur.
Most gaming monitors have 5mk response time, which is good enough even though the fastest monitors have 0.5ms response time.
Size is also one of the key factors that need to be considered when buying a new monitor. The size of the monitor, combined with the resolution, will equal the pixel density. Bear in mind that larger monitors have lower pixel density, so the image quality is not as sharp as expected.
When it comes to size, the ultimate monitor for any purpose should be from 27-inch to 32-inch, depending on your preference.
- Think Twice Before Getting a Curved Monitor
Curved monitors might look cool, and they are designed to make your PC experience even more immersive with a large field of view, but they have few disadvantages.
For instance, you might experience glare when viewing from certain angles, additionally most monitors have 1800R curvature, which suggests 1.8 meters viewing distance, so you’ll need a bigger room, and they are more expensive.
These are all the things you need to consider before buying a new monitor. Make sure you check online reviews before purchasing since it is the best way to get information about a particular type of monitor.
Since it is one of the most important parts of your PC, you should invest more money if you want to have the ultimate gaming or viewing experience.
I believe in creativity and try to express the same with my words. I enjoy writing and keeping myself in touch with the books.
- How To Get Started With YouTube SEOIn Digital MarketingMarch 1, 2021Despite YouTube being the second most visited site […]
- Is Incognito Mode Enough for Privacy and Security?In TechnologyFebruary 19, 2021Incognito is a private window within a regular […]
- 4 Reasons to support local businesses near me! How to support local businesses?In Business, How To'sFebruary 9, 2021We hear a lot about the large companies in the news […]
- How Beneficial Asking Help From an IT Solution Provider Company Can Be?In TechnologyJanuary 25, 2021Many companies are benefiting much from an IT solution […]
- Know the Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring a Digital Marketing AgencyIn Digital MarketingJanuary 25, 2021You know that putting your business in the wrong hands […]
- 3 Ways To Streamline Your Day and Increase ProductivityIn BusinessJanuary 21, 2021You’re always looking for ways to cut costs and […]
- How Builder.ai Helps in Scaling Your BusinessIn BusinessJanuary 18, 2021The app development has experienced major improvements […]
- Features To Look Into Outdoor TV Covers before Making a BuyIn GadgetsJanuary 14, 2021You have already invested a lot of money on outdoor […]
- LED Flood Lights for Outdoor UseIn GadgetsJanuary 12, 2021Selecting the right LED flood lights for outdoor use […]
- 3 Recovery Methods for “The Volume does not Contain a Recognized File System”In WindowsJanuary 8, 2021Are you a Windows user and currently experiencing “The […]
- Even the best free VPN for PC is not sufficient for your businessIn BusinessDecember 28, 2020A computer network or PC can directly connect to the […]
- Top Cybersecurity Tools Everyone Should be UsingIn TechnologyDecember 23, 2020Using massive data breaches, advertisers tracking your […]
stopie.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from stopie.com does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.