There is no point in buying a high-performance PC without having a good monitor to showcase your PC’s power. Your monitor plays a vital role, whether you’re gaming, starting your home business, or just browsing websites. However, size is not the only thing you need to consider before buying a new monitor. In today’s article, we will go through some of the most important specs that you need to prioritize in order to find the best monitor suited for your preferences.
- Determine the purpose of your monitor
There are different specs that need to be prioritized behind the purpose of your monitor. Most monitors are now HD with high resolution, but that is not the only thing you should concern about when buying one.
For instance, gamers prioritize fast refresh rates and low response times, and photo or video editors would want a better color accuracy and high-contrast VA panel.
If you want your monitor only to browse online for NBA betting picks of the day or to watch Netflix, you won’t need such a high resolution option.
So, before you are buying a new monitor, ask yourself what its purpose will be.
- Higher Resolution Equals Better Picture
When you are buying a new monitor, make sure you get one that has a higher resolution in order to have a better picture quality. The minimum resolution for a good picture should be 1920 x 1080, known as 1080p (Full HD), but if you want sharper images, you should go with a higher resolution, 4K or 8K.
- Panel Tech
Most people don’t know the difference between the panel technology used in the monitor. There are a few options you can choose from, such as TN, IPS, and VA.
TN Monitors are the cheapest of the bunch just because they have poorer image quality and lower viewing angle, even though their response time is fast.
IPS monitors have slightly better response time and have better color accuracy.
VA panels have the best contrast out of the bunch, and they can produce more realistic image quality.
- Refresh Rate
If you are a gamer, you should pay close attention to your refresh rate. The refresh rate is the times your monitor updates with new information every second, and it is measured in hertz (Hz). So, the bigger number you get, the smoother gaming experience you will have.
If you are a gamer, you should start with a minimum 75Hz. Even though to get the best gaming experience, you should go for 144Hz.
- Response Time
Response time is also important if you are gaming. This is the time that your monitor takes to change each individual pixel from black to white or any other shade. The longer the response time, then you’re more likely to experience motion blur.
Most gaming monitors have 5mk response time, which is good enough even though the fastest monitors have 0.5ms response time.
Size is also one of the key factors that need to be considered when buying a new monitor. The size of the monitor, combined with the resolution, will equal the pixel density. Bear in mind that larger monitors have lower pixel density, so the image quality is not as sharp as expected.
When it comes to size, the ultimate monitor for any purpose should be from 27-inch to 32-inch, depending on your preference.
- Think Twice Before Getting a Curved Monitor
Curved monitors might look cool, and they are designed to make your PC experience even more immersive with a large field of view, but they have few disadvantages.
For instance, you might experience glare when viewing from certain angles, additionally most monitors have 1800R curvature, which suggests 1.8 meters viewing distance, so you’ll need a bigger room, and they are more expensive.
These are all the things you need to consider before buying a new monitor. Make sure you check online reviews before purchasing since it is the best way to get information about a particular type of monitor.
Since it is one of the most important parts of your PC, you should invest more money if you want to have the ultimate gaming or viewing experience.
I believe in creativity and try to express the same with my words. I enjoy writing and keeping myself in touch with the books.
- What is Enterprise Cloud Computing? What You Need to KnowIn TechnologyJuly 29, 2021Cloud computing has transformed the methods of […]
- 11 Benefits Of Contract Management Software You Need To KnowIn TechnologyJuly 29, 2021Contract management software is a variety of computer […]
- Everything You Should Know About Email Automation ProcessIn Business, Digital MarketingJuly 22, 2021The email automation process is the way forward for […]
- Taking Smartphone Cybersecurity Seriously in 2021In TechnologyJuly 8, 2021Most individuals today use their smartphones for a […]
- SELL AND PROMOTE YOUR ARTWORKIn TipesJune 15, 2021Creating art can be fun, a great hobby, and for some […]
- Best Chat Rooms for Teens to Use in 2021In AppJune 9, 2021Online chat rooms for teens are terrific locations to […]
- Which is most expensive car in the world?In UncategorizedMay 26, 2021This rundown of the most expensive cars contains […]
- Why Logistics Play an Important Role for Any BusinessIn BusinessMay 25, 2021If you are a manager or a business owner, then you […]
- Best Swimming Classes near Me: How to Learn to Swim?In UncategorizedMay 17, 2021There are myriad benefits to learning swimming, both […]
- These Best Dogs That Are Good with KidsIn UncategorizedMay 13, 2021Are you planning on getting a dog but have kids in the […]
- Avoid These Mistakes When Starting a BusinessIn BusinessMay 13, 2021Everyone starts with a little knowledge of a […]
- How to Download and Use KineMaster Pro Video Editor?In UncategorizedApril 28, 2021KineMaster is one of the most popular video editors […]
stopie.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Clicking on an Amazon link from stopie.com does not increase the cost of any item you purchase.
We will only ever link to Amazon products that we think our visitors may be interested in and appreciate learning more about.